Overview & Detailed Specifications - Single Phone
Trade Marks Notifications
DualSmart® – Dual Global Mobile unlocked Ectaco® Smart Phone - World First Rugged Travel Smart Phone & Voice Translator
The DualSmart® Ectaco® Ultimate Travel Smartphone and Voice Translator is World First Rugged Travel Smart Phone with 100% Water-Proof, Drop-Proof, Fall-Proof, Shock-Proof & Weather-Proof with GSM, CDMA and 2-Way Radio (Walkie-Talkie) Networks features.
Raising the bar on smartphones, the DualSmart® Ectaco® Ultimate Travel Smartphone and Voice Translator SpeechGuard TLX is the perfect tool for a world traveler, language learner, or someone who just needs a superior, rugged Smartphone. The entire system is based on years of research & modeled after the original SpeechGuard, which was used by US Armed Forces during the second Gulf War. With the ability to receive FREE incoming calls in over 120 countries with NO CONTRACT it's easy to stay in touch with friends and family when you travel. Loaded with everything you need for making sense of your world in a foreign land, the SpeechGuard comes with a voice translator, picture translation, travel information, voice recognition and a Language Teacher to name very select few. It's even been called the "Panasonic Toughbook" of the smartphone world!
Traveling can be an absolute pain! Trying to find your way around, interpreting another language, worrying about your phone & how you are going to access the internet!! Stop worrying - we've got you completely covered with the new Ectaco Multi 14 language SpeechGuard TLX! Easy to use and reliable; this rugged smartphone and voice translator will act as your own personal language assistant. A huge jump in travel technology, the SpeechGuard can receive FREE calls in over 135 countries, translate anything you say or see, and access tons of other useful travel tools. Everything is preloaded on your SpeechGuard TLX, no need to worry about difficult setups or downloads.
This is an exceptional phone for exceptional situations.
This Military based, extra-tough, super-ruggedized Android 4 smartphone is perfect for military use, security specialists, tradesmen, hikers, linesmen, farmers, Emergency Service Personnel, mountaineers, cross-country skiers, or anyone travelling in remote areas. Being Water Proof, drop proof, and shock proof, the TLX is also suitable for those on or around water; perfect for fishing boats, use in the rain, or surf.
• Extreme Durability: Completely waterproof, shock proof and dustproof
• Free incoming calls in over 135 countries. No Contract
• Voice translator: Translates anything you say in nearly 40 languages
• Travel Guide: Packed with reviews, info and images of international locations
• Photo Translator: Snap a photo of almost anything and have it translated to your language
• Massive Battery: Guaranteed to be the longest lasting cell phone you'll ever own.
Amazing Hardware: This is the ONLY smartphone of its class that is completely waterproof and shock proof. We don't mean it can just handle a light rain, you can literally drop the SpeechGuard TLX in a body of water and it will work with no issues. The durable case and Gorilla Glass will withstand some abuse; falls, bumps, and squishes are nothing to worry about with your Speechguard. Don't forget about the HUGE battery - the Speechguard will last for over 5 days with average usage.
Cell phone service in 135+ countries: One less headache while you're away, the SpeechGuard TLX allows for FREE incoming calls in over 135 countries. You do NOT need a contract and there are no hidden costs. It doesn't matter if you're on a sightseeing tour around Italy, or relaxing on a beach in Mexico, all calls to your phone are 100% free. You can use your own GSM sim card In the SpeechGuard as well. It's equipped with 2 SIM slots so you can switch between with the press of a button.
Instant translation: Many seasoned travelers will tell you a language barrier is the most difficult thing you'll encounter on your journey. Playing charades, looking up words in a paper dictionary, and other clever tricks can only get you so far. The TLX will include an instant voice translator. You press a button, say what you need and get the translation. Yes, it's that easy! Also, you'll have a type-anything text translator. Just key in whatever you want and it will translate it for you instantly. The TLX is even packed with a speech to speech phrasebook. Use your voice to activate one of the 14,000 most popular travel phrases and then hear it translated in a real human voice.
Loaded with travel resources: The Multi 6 language SpeechGuard will put tons of reviews, information and pictures right at your fingertips. Check customer reviews of that cool looking restaurant in Spain, read about the economy of Greece or even look up the climate in South Africa. The resources are almost endless so you can plan your trips accordingly.
Photo Translator: If you see it, the SpeechGuard can translate it. With the Photo Translator you can take a picture of a sign, menu or flyer and have it translated for you within seconds.
Learn a language: Often described as "more advanced then Rosetta Stone" the TLX will include everything you need to learn an entire language. The aptly named Language Teacher program is a multi-step voice interactive course to help you learn. Not only will it train you to remember words and phrases, but it will teach you how to say them correctly. The virtual teacher will give you feedback so you know how well you are doing. Also your TLX is loaded with U-Learn. It's similar to Language Teacher but is completely hands and eyes free. Learn in your car, while you are on the computer, or even eating dinner.
SOS: Get help in a hurry! The SOS button is designed to get you out of a rough situation in a hurry. Just press the SOS button and the SpeechGuard will take a number of actions. Within seconds it will turn on your GPS tracking and location services. Next, it will send out a message to 5 emergency contacts of your choice. This message will contain your GPS coordinates for a fast rescue. Then, it will call your primary emergency contact number. The device is even pre-loaded with Emergency numbers for locations all around the world.
Tons of extras: The SpeechGuard is literally packed with a seemingly endless amount of programs for entertainment, education and much more.
• GPS navigation
• 2 Way Radio, connect with others at the push of a button
• 11 sensors:
o Linear acceleration
o Gravity sensor
o Rotation vector sensor
o Orientation sensor
o Light sensor
o Pressure sensor
o Proximity sensor
o Temperature sensor
• Voice activated audio phrasebook with 14,000 entries
• English Talking Electronic Dictionary
• jetBook eBook reader, great for your favorite eBooks
• Talking Translation Dictionary
• Picture dictionary with 39 languages
• Universal translator - A 183 language word translator
• The Weather Channel
• Massive English Dictionary
• Language Translation Dictionary
• Language learning Games
• Audio Book and MP3 Player
• Access to tons of extra programs via the application store.
• Android Operating System
• Front and rear camera
• 3G: WCDMA: 850/2100MHZ
• 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
• Walkie Talkie: 400-470 MHz, (up to 6 miles)
• Supports flash
• Large 4,200 mAh Battery
• 3.5mm Audio Out Port
• 2x SIM card Slot
• Micro SD Card Slot, up to 32GB
• Loud Speaker.
Detailed Specifications: Hardware Specifications
CPU: MTK 6589 1.2 Ghz A9 Quad Core
Display: 1280×720 pixels, 4.5 inches TFT‐capacitive Scratch resistant touch screen. Gorilla 2 version glass
Audio IC: LM49350 audio CODEC
Volume Control: 2 HW keys
Internal Microphone: Electret condenser KECG2242PBL‐A
Internal Speaker: Dynamic speaker, 1W power output
Power Supply: Rechargeable Lithium‐Polymer battery, 4,200 mAh,Battery Life (regular use): 6 days
MicroSD: Support up to 32GB
LEDs: Blue color LED: indicating the work status and Charging status Red color LED: indicating radio control status
Phone Jack: 3.5mm jack
Phone/ Speaker Switch: By software
Charging System: Over microUSB water proof slot
External DC charger: 1A, 5V
PC charge: 500mA, 5V
USB: microUSB v2.0, HS, for charging and data transfer
Camera: Front view camera: 2 Mega pixels
Rear view camera: 8 Mega pixels
WLAN: Wi‐Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
DLNA: Wi‐Fi hotspot
Wi-Fi and 3G Tethering: Permitted
2-Way Radio: 1W, Frequencies 400‐480MHz, 11 International zones
9 preset channels, CTCSS, SQ, 3” antenna (included)
Communication: 2 slots for SIM cards
2G Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHZ
3G Network: WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHZ
(Supports T‐Mobile and AT&T voice and 3G in the
US as well as other GSM operators. Supports
most of European, Asian, Australian and African
DATA: GPRS ‐Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), ‐ 32 ‐
EDGE ‐Class 12 3G ‐HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA,
Bluetooth Connection: V 4.0 with A2DP, EDR
Rotation vector sensor
Buttons: On/Off, Volume control, Camera control, PTT,ET, SOS
Reset Button: Yes
SOS Emergency Calls
Function: Automatic one‐touch emergency messaging with GPS coordinates to up to 5 pre‐programmed phones numbers;
instant call to the first phone number in sequence
Detailed Specifications: Software Specification
• Free incoming calls within 160+ countries, no contract required
• Quick phone number dial
• One touch email access (IM, Push Email)
• One touch access to all applications at your SpeechGuard®
• Voice and text (SMS threaded view, MMS, F16) messaging
• Chrome Internet browser
Foreign Languages and Communication
• Connection to your school information system through Wi‐Fi Voice Translator. Say anything and get an instant translation spoken in the foreign language — a great tool to communicate with foreigners.
• Text Translator. Type anything you want and translate into other languages. No Internet connection is required which makes it a perfect tool in foreign travel communication.
Red Laser: Yes
Vibrating Alert: Yes
Level of Protection: “Green” spec. Waterproof IP67, Dust Proof, Shock Proof
OS: Android OS 4.X.X (periodic upgrades)
Dimensions: 166 x 89 x 27mm (6.5” x 3.5” x 1.5”)
Weight: 326g (11.5oz)
Temperature: Operating: ‐25º to 40º Celsius, Storage: ‐30º to 55º Celsius
• Photo Translator. Take a picture of any text you want and get an instant translation into your language.
• Audio PhraseBook. A 14,000 situation‐oriented database narrated by native speakers at your disposal. Speak and get an instant translation and pronunciation of needed phrases.
• Universal Translator. A comprehensive 183‐language word translator. Translates from any language to any language.
• Navigation. A GPS‐based navigation system with traffic alerts and Points of Interest.
• Contacts. A complete list of your contacts with phone numbers, addresses, and emails.
• Skype. Your ultimate tools in free voice, data and video communication.
• 2‐way radio. A great means of emergency communication in the areas where mobile service and Internet is limited or not available.
• Camera. Take pictures and videos with 8MP camera. An optional face recognition program gives you the ability to unlock your phone in an instant.
• Gallery. A collection of your pictures and video.
• Music. Plays MP3/WAV/WMA/AAC+/MP4/WMV/H.263/H.264 formats
• Interactive learning system Language Teacher® with speech recognition and speech analysis for English and foreign language acquisition
• Bilingual Dictionary, over 1,000,000 words and foreign language to English Academic dictionary with pronunciation of all words and examples of their use. Words and expressions are pronounced by professional narrators ‐ native speakers (multilingual dictionaries for selected models).
• The English Dictionary with pronunciation of words and examples of use. Words and expressions are pronounced by professional narrators — native speakers. There is an option of translating English words in the Main Dictionary.
• Bilingual Picture Dictionary with pronunciation of words and phrases in 36 languages
• U‐Learn™, a hands‐free/eyes‐free program for mastering a foreign language phonetics with evaluations and corrections. Great for use when you are on the road or around the house.
• Linguistic crosswords
• ”Flash Cards”, an application which helps you words by playing with cards. One side shows a word and on the other side — a translation or interpretation of the word.
• ”Pockets” — a popular linguistic game, aimed at intensive vocabulary development
• Word of the Day widget. It automatically shows new word with translation and corresponding picture every time you access this screen.
6 | Hardware and Software Specifications of Ectaco® SpeechGuard® TLX
Social Media, Books and Travel Info
• Facebook for quick connection with your friends around the World
• jetBook eBook reader with dozens of preloaded books
• SpeedReading Course. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced level course to improve your reading speed without sacrificing the understanding of the book.
• AudioBooks. A dedicated section to store your Audio Books to listen to them while enroute.
• Video Player. Play your favorite movies and video clips.
• Voice recorder
• World Travel Guide to tons of countries around the world. Select where you are going and get useful background information.
• Trip Advisor. A must‐have application for all travelers. Look up hotels, restaurants, attractions and more. Read what other people are saying, look at pictures and even leave your own tips or reviews.
• Google Play Store. Connect and download music, movies and games of your choice.
• World Factbook. Created by the CIA , a large, informative database with all world countries.
• World Emergency Numbers. Have the most needed phone numbers in each country at your fingertips.
• InkPad. Jot down important notes and reminders with a simple‐to‐use notepad.
• Laser designator and flashlight for your convenience with the option to flash “SOS” in Morse code in case of emergency.
• Local and international weather information
• Alarm clock
This smartphone is entirely water-proof, drop-proof, shock-proof, fall-proof, dust-proof, and weather-proof. You can submerse it in water. It's entirely drop-proof. You can smash it, do whatever you want and it won't break. Now the Speechguard was first developed in 2004 for the military. The first version of this device was a very simple voice translator that they would keep on their hip, they could press a button and could say simple phrases like, "Drop the weapon," "Get on the ground," "Put your hands up," so on and so forth. Now as you can see, it has come a very long way. The Speechguard can do everything your iPhone or iPad can do, plus a whole lot more. Not only that, it's a fraction of the cost of both of those devices. For one, it's a "say anything" voice translator. This means that you can press a button, say anything you want, and it will translate it for you in both directions.
Perfect. Translates in great Italian. Now this one is English to Italian or Italian to English. But we do have about 40 languages currently available. Not only can it instantly translate my voice, but it can translate anything you see. Imagine walking by and seeing a sign where you can use this Speechguard, take a picture of that sign and it will translate it for you. It's not only great for a sign but if you have a customs declaration, menu, just about anything you need. If you do care to learn the language, Speechguard has a comprehensive language teaching program. It will teach you the language no matter whether you are a beginner or intermediate student, so it will basically read your pronunciation. You talk into the language teacher and it will let you know how you're doing every step of the way.
Now on the phone side of things, the Speechguard can accept free incoming calls in over a hundred and sixty different countries which is completely massive or you can just insert your own GSM SIM card and just use it like regular phone every day. Now the Speechguard also comes pre-included with a travel guide in there, so you can look up reviews and see what people are saying about different places and different locations to determine whether you really want to go there or not.
Now if you really need it, the Speechguard has an emergency SOS button and even emergency phone numbers and the phone number list is worldwide. So you can get phone numbers anywhere you need. If you do need to press the emergency SOS button which is on the side, it will instantly send out a message to five different contacts that you have on there with your GPS coordinates. Not only that, the integrated laser and the flashlight on the back will start blinking SOS in Morse code. You might have noticed the antenna on the top of the device. This is actually for the two-way radio. The two-way radio is really awesome because it doesn't require any internet connection or WIFI connection or anything like that. Not even the cell phone signal. So you could just press the "push to talk" button on the side and you could speak to anyone that has another Speechguard or any other radio device. It'll work just fine.
The second to last thing is the battery on the device will last you about five days on average usage. This is amazing. There is no other cell phone or table that comes close to that. So you have to charge it up maybe once every five days or so, you're good to go. Now the last thing, to show you guys the waterproof of this device, I got a vase here with some water in it, you could just drop it in like that. Now I'm only going to hold it here for a second or two but you could leave it here submerged for hours and it will work without any issue. I will just take a paper towel here and wipe the screen down like that. Press it back it on, slide it, and you can see it works without a problem.
Trade Marks Notifications
DualSmart® is a trademark belonging to ET&T, Easy Worldwide Solutions, LLC – USA and Ectaco® SpeechGuard® TLX are trademarks of of Ectaco, Inc. USA.
The SmartWay Academy.